I am no longer blogging here as I’ve decided to amalgamate all my food posts over at one blog site now which you can find over at http://justfoodblogs.tumblr.com
So what are you waiting for?
Join me NOW over at http://justfoodblogs.tumblr.com or www.justfoodblogs.co.uk
See you there and thank you!
What2Cook: Thai Rice Soup With Shrimp - Khao Tom Goong -
Khao tom is a staple in Thailand, being widely eaten as a breakfast dish as well as an accompaniment to lunch and dinner. It can be cooked plain (without the shrimp), or as here with shrimp. It can also be made by simple substitution with chicken, pork, or any combination of seafood that you have to hand. It can be made with cooked left over chicken/shrimp etc, or as here with fresh ingredients. It is however almost always made from pre-cooked rice from a day before (though not always left-overs: the cook will often simply ladle enough rice from the electric rice pot to make the soup shortly before serving). Made with chicken it is a popular meal for recovering patients who still feel a little queasy.
2 cups water
1 cup cooked Thai jasmine rice
1 cup thinly sliced Chinese celery (including the leaves), or spring onion
half teaspoon preserved cabbage
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon Maggi seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic, thinly sliced
Shiitake mushrooms, sliced (optional)
1 teaspoon Thai pepper powder
fried garlic to taste, and a half teaspoon of salted radish always adds a nice taste
You also need 4 large (8 to the pound) shrimp, or half a pound of smaller ones, shelled, deveined, and butterflied, or half a pound of other flavor ingredient.
See the whole recipe over at ► http://what2cook.net/pg/recipes/index/index.php?p=recipe&recipe=1019
(Source: weheartit.com, via swinginghot)
Cream of Broccoli Soup
Cream of Broccoli Soup
I basically love any soup that has cream in it, especially cream of broccoli and tomato basil soup with a cream base!
Full recipe over at
Tried out this recipe “Curried Broccoli & Cauliflower” Soup. Overall, it was a pretty tasty dish. I didn’t follow the recipe exactly, just went by taste. Though it may look like baby food, it was much better tasting. :)
Four cold soups recipes
Recipes available over at
Leek, broccoli and pea soup recipe
Full recipe found over at
Chicken Tortilla Soup with Shredded Cheese and Corn
- 6 large green onions
- 2 green peppers
- 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 3 carrots
- 1 container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
- 1 bunch celery
- 1/2 head cabbage
- 1 package Lipton soup mix
- 1 or 2 cubes bouillon (optional)
- 1 can (48oz) V8 juice (optional)
Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, garlic powder, etc.
- Slice green onions, put in pot and start to sauté with cooking spray.
- Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take seeds and membrane out. Cut the green pepper into bite size pieces and put in pot.
- Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Clean carrots and celery and cut into bite size pieces, put in pot.
- Slice mushrooms into thick slices (otherwise they will disappear in the soup), put in pot.
- If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of cayenne pepper (red pepper) now (1/3 teaspoon is quite a bit as the soup will get spicier as it cooks further).
- You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. They have all the salt and flavors you will need.
- Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time (two hours works well).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Eat all the soup you want, whenever you want for the next 7 days.
…………… I wonder how many calories this is… :) I’ve been told cabbage soup aids in weight loss.
trying to make healthier choices.
Home, PA - Grilled Cheese and SpaghettiOs - Nikon D5000